PFI INTERMEDIATE COURSE
Get your PhD in freediving with Immersion Freediving 4 day PFI Intermediate course. At the end of this course, you will have any extremely thorough understanding of how breath holding and pressure effect your body and how to take advantage of that understanding. This course has a high emphasis on technique development, training strategies to employ after the course, and requires a high degree of freediving rescue ability to complete the course.
A maximum of 5 students per class. The course length is 4 days with a course fee of $795.00 per student. This does not include the boat fee. The course requires three boat trips at $60 per trip plus tax which the total comes to $190.80. The total fee which includes the boat trips comes to $985.80.
Students free dive down to max depth of 132 feet. Average Student does a 4 to 5 minute breath hold by the end of the course. Average student completes a 100-foot freedive by the end of the course.
- 1.5 hours online education
- Immersion Freediving’s exclusive one on one skype Frenzel equalizing session with Ted Harty
- 11 hours classroom (more than other courses)
- 2 three hour pool sessions (many courses only have one pool session)
- 3 three hour in water diving sessions on private 23ft Bluewater
- Must be comfortable in the ocean, we will be drifting in 500ft of water in the gulf stream for 3 hours.
- Comfortable freediving in the 40ft range, or taken entry level freediving course.
- Seas will be between flat calm and 4ft seas, if I believe the seas will be 5ft or more I will cancel the ocean session. If you are prone to seasickness even after taking medication I would not recommend this course.
- Minimum age is 15, students between 15-17 must take course with a parent.
- Must have a reasonable amount of fitness. Should be able to easily jog for 20 minutes.
- My boat does not have a ladder, but has a transom a few inches off the surface. You must be able to easily push your self out of the deep end of the pool without using fins or the ladder. This is rough approximation of what it will be like to get on my boat.
Why Choose Immersion Freediving over the hundreds of newly minted Freediving Instructors
- Full time instructor since 2005, over a thousand students over my career
- Former USA Freediving Record Holder, Captain of men’s 2012 USA Freediving Team
- Deepest freedive is 279ft
- PFI Advanced Freediving Instructor & PFI Instructor Trainer
- Maximum 5 students per course, no 16+ person freediving courses
- Immersion Freediving classes have more class, pool, and ocean time than other courses
- More Time = Better Results
- Private boat, No dive shop crowds, more time diving & more flexibility to deal with weather
- Industry leader in teaching frenzel and developing online pre course training.
- Classroom from 8:00 – 2:00PM
- Lunch will be ordred in
- In the pool from 3:00PM to 6:00PM
- In the pool from 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Ocean session from 1:30PM to 7:00PM
- Classroom from 8:00AM to 12:30PM
- Lunch will be ordred in
- Ocean session from 1:30PM to 7:30PM
- Ocean session from 9:00AM to 2:30PM
With over 45 years taking technical courses in military tactics, firefighting, paramedical life support, technical rescue, basic & advanced scuba, commercial deep sea diving, exercise physiology, and lots of anatomy & physiology, I believe Ted Harty is one of the best instructors I've ever had.
Bill Kyser founder of Special Forces Training Academy
So, having spent 33 years in the military, commercial, and recreational dive fields…as a college and high school instructor, and having worked with the best instructors in the world, Ted Harty, and Immersion Freediving taught the most professional class we have ever attended in the dive industry.
John Griffin Associate Editor of Deeper Blue
Item received on completion
- Students will receive PFI certification card
- Invitation to annual Immersion Freediving BBQ
- Access Member-only Facebook group
- Students will receive 30-70 professionally shot and edited photos