PFI Freediver Course
Why Choose Immersion Freediving over the hundreds of newly minted Freediving Instructors
- Full time instructor since 2005, over a thousand students over my career.
- Former USA Freediving Record Holder, Captain of men’s 2012 USA Freediving Team.
- Appeared on Discovery Channel with Tim Kennedy, worked with CEO of Twitter Jack Dorsey, trained Biohacker and Fitness guru Ben Greenfield, and appeared on 9 freediving podcasts.
- Deepest freedive is 279ft.
- PFI Advanced Freediving Instructor & PFI Instructor Trainer.
- Maximum 5 students per course, no 16+ person freediving courses.
- Immersion Freediving classes have more class, pool, and ocean time than other courses.
- More Time = Better Results.
- Private boat, No dive shop crowds, more time diving & more flexibility to deal with weather.
- My students get over $225 in my online courses INCLUDED in their course with Immersion Freediving.
Immersion Freediving is proud to offer the most comprehensive 66ft course on the market. You will learn a variety of specific freediving techniques that will take your freediving ability to the next level. There will be a high focus on how to do so safely, as well how to properly equalize for freediving via the Frenzel method.
A maximum of 5 students per class. The course length is 4 days with a course fee of $721.80 per student. This does not include the boat fee. The course typically has two boat trips at $60 per trip plus tax, totaling $127.20 for both trips.
The course fees plus 2 boat sessions comes to a total of $849.
Students free dive down to max depth of 66 feet. The average student does a 2.5 to 3.5 minute breath hold by the end of the course. The average student completes a 60-foot freedive also by the end of the course.
Monday I have a boat session booked in case I cancel a boat trip on the weekend due weather, if that happens I already have a trip booked so we can finish everything up and you don’t have to make a trip back to Fort Lauderdale to finish.
Because I only teach classes from May to October this rarely happens as this time of year has best weather conditions.
If we don’t lose a boat trip due to weather this will turn into an OPTIONAL speargun training session where you will learn how Jeromy Gamble Owner of Spearing Magazine combines the Immersion Freediving entry with his method of carrying the gun down to depth in the most efficient manner possible.
This is an OPTIONAL trip and is $149 plus tax additional if you want to learn his method.
What’s included in your course
- 6 hours of classroom session (more than most courses)
- 2 three hour pool sessions (most have only 1 pool session)
- 2 ocean sessions with 3 hours of actual dive time per session (most have only 1 ocean session)
- Optional Speargun Training session on Monday where you will learn how Jeromy Gamble owner of Spearing Magazine perform the Immersion entry with a speargun. ($150 additional)
- Immersion Hat or T-shirt and an Immersion Freediving Tumbler.
- My online equalizing course to teaching you how to equalize BEFORE you get to class. $49 value but free for you.
- Breath Hold Secrets. My online course teaching you how to hold your breath for 2-3 minutes, this will get your ready to go for you class. $49 value but free for you.
- My 28-day Freediving Transformation program, detailing how to train for Freediving BEFORE you get to class. $125 value but free for you.
- Access to www.FreedivingSafety.com so you learn about dive safety BEFORE you get to class.
- Must be comfortable in the ocean, we will be drifting in 500ft of water in the gulf stream for 3 hours.
- Seas will be between flat calm and 4ft seas, if I believe the seas will be 5ft or more I will cancel the ocean session. If you are prone to seasickness even after taking medication I would not recommend this course.
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Must have a reasonable amount of fitness, being able to easily jog for 20 minutes, course is 11 hours a day much of it active and in the water.
- My boat has no ladder but a transom a few inches above the water. Must be able to easily pull yourself up in the deepend of the pool with out fins or using the ladder in the deep-end. This give you an idea of what is required to board my boat.
- Must be able to easily swim 4 lengths of a pool with no gear.
With over 45 years taking technical courses in military tactics, firefighting, paramedical life support, technical rescue, basic & advanced scuba, commercial deep sea diving, exercise physiology, and lots of anatomy & physiology, I believe Ted Harty is one of the best instructors I've ever had.
Bill Kyser founder of Special Forces Training Academy
So, having spent 33 years in the military, commercial, and recreational dive fields…as a college and high school instructor, and having worked with the best instructors in the world, Ted Harty, and Immersion Freediving taught the most professional class we have ever attended in the dive industry.
John Griffin Associate Editor of Deeper Blue
As a scientist, I really enjoyed the scientific approach that Ted gives to the course. First you learn how to ventilate, how to recover after a static breath hold, and how that is different from recovering after a dive. Or you will learn how, quite often, blackout near the surface presents no discernible symptoms to the diver. Then, Ted will explain the physiology behind it, and that's where everything suddenly starts to make sense: from the ventilation technique, to the different recovery techniques, to the physiology behind blacking out, etc.
Item received on completion
- Students will receive PFI certification
- Invitation to annual Immersion Freediving BBQ
- Access Member-only Facebook group
- Students will receive 30-70 professionally shot and edited photos