Spearfishing Safety Clinic
The Spearfishing Safety Clinic is designed for people who are happy with their freediving ability and just want to learn how to enjoy this sport in a safe manner. We will not discuss breathing techniques, equalizing techniques, or freediving entries. We will teach you how to properly dive using direct supervision, the three most important safety rules, as well as how to safely manage loss of motor controls and blackouts.
Typical course schedule
- 2-3 hours classroom
- 1 hour in the pool
- How to provide proper freediving safety as a buddy.
- How to weight yourself properly to ensure safety and maximize performance.
- How to recognize and deal with a loss of motor control.
- How to recognize and deal with a blackout.
- How to use recovery breathing to reduce likelihood of surface blackouts.